[Lazarus] FPC Source Error: directory not found

Eric Kom erickom at metropolitancollege.co.za
Thu Nov 8 14:12:24 CET 2012

On 08/11/2012 14:30, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Eric Kom<erickom at metropolitancollege.co.za>  hat am 8. November 2012 um 13:11
> geschrieben:

>>> This is not the source directory.
>>>
>>> Judging from your previous pots you have compiled fpc from svn and
>>> sucessfully installed it. make install will only install the binaries
>>> and compiled units where they belong, it will not install the fpc
>>> source.
>> That's make sense.
>>> But the good news is you don't actually need to install it into any
>>> special place, the svn folder where you checked out fpc trunk is
>>> perfectly ok already. Simply point Lazarus to the folder that contains
>>> the fpc sources from svn and Lazarus will find what it needs there.
>> I pointed directly to the fpc/rtl/ directory, still the warning rtl
>> directory not fund.
> rtl is just one sub folder of fpc.
> Point it to the fpc directory.
>
> Any suggestions how to improve the error message to make this more clear?
Thanks a lot for your help everything is fine now

> Mattias
>
> --

Kind Regards

Eric Kom

System Administrator - Metropolitan College
/ You are scrupulously honest, frank, and \
| straightforward. Therefore you have few |
\ friends.                                /
    \
     \
         .--.
        |o_o |
        |:_/ |
       //   \ \
      (| Kom | )

2 Hennie Van Till, White River, 1240
Tel: 013 750 2255 | Fax: 013 750 0105 | Cell: 078 879 1334
erickom at kom.za.net | erickom at metropolitancollege.co.za
www.kom.za.net | www.kom.za.org | www.erickom.co.za

Key fingerprint: 513E E91A C243 3020 8735 09BB 2DBC 5AD7 A9DA 1EF5