[Lazarus] How do you install Lazarus on Debian?

Bernd prof7bit at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 13:33:19 CET 2012

2012/11/8 Howard Lee Harkness <howard.lee.harkness at gmail.com>:
> I tried that first. Didn't work. Some problem with
>
> deb http://www.hu.freepascal.org/lazarus/ lazarus-stable universe

You can try the following repository for fpc 2.6.0 and Lazarus 1.0.2:

https://launchpad.net/~prof7bit/+archive/lazarus-1.0.0

I don't know if you can simply do apt-add-repository in debian,
probably not since its an Ubuntu invention  but you can also add the
repository to your sources manually:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/prof7bit/lazarus-1.0.0/ubuntu precise main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/prof7bit/lazarus-1.0.0/ubuntu precise main

These should work with Debian too. First uninstall all lazarus, lcl-*,
fpc, fpc-* and fp-* packages that might exist on your PC after
attemting to install the broken packages from official Debian, add the
above repository to your sources list, apt-get update and apt-get
install lazarus. This will also pull in fpc and fpc-src (2.6.0) from
the above repository.