[Lazarus] Memory leaks

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Fri Nov 23 13:17:30 CET 2012

Al 23/11/12 08:56, En/na Antonio Fortuny ha escrit:

>> "c:\Program Files\Python\python.exe" c:\wherever\you\saved\it\gdbleak.py < leonidas.mlk > leonidas.ht
> Ok Luca, it works but the result file is identical to the source file except the first new line: no additionnal information found or added

Well, either gdb doesn't find any information or my script doesn't parse correctly the log (after all it's a quick and dirty hack).
For example, if there are spaces in the path leading to the executable, it won't parse it correctly.
You can try by running manually "gdb \path\to\the\exe" and then issuing manually

info line *0x0040dbb4

(it's just an example, use the addresses in the stack trace changing '$' to '*0x').
You should repeat it for every address in the stack trace, that's why I wrote a script in the first place.
--
Luca