[Lazarus] Error: Can not load PostgreSQL Client library "libpq.dll".

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Tue Oct 2 12:08:42 CEST 2012

Ludo Brands wrote:
>> Please I got a problem with libpq.dll library file, want I tried to
>> select the Connected property to True, I received the Error: Can not
>> load PostgreSQL client library "libpq.dll". Ckeck you installation.
>>
>> The library has been installed and copied to the project file.
>>

> Libpq.dll has many dependencies. Probably one of them is not satisfied. Here
> is the list of files I needed to copy on a wine system to get libpq.dll
> loaded:
> comerr32.dll
> krb5_32.dll
> libintl-2.dll
> libpq.dll
> pg_dump.dll
> pg_restore.dll
> libeay32.dll
> ssleay32.dll

Don't copy around dll files. This makes the mess worse. Make sure the
postgres bin folder is part of your user/system path.

A problem we encouter lately is that other software vendors come with an
outdated ssleay32.dll, which they put in sytem32 or int the path before
postgres. simply deleting the outdated ssleay32.dll will solve the issue
(as long as the postgres version is in the path)

Marc