[Lazarus] Focus and keystrokes in IDE

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Wed Oct 3 14:03:34 CEST 2012

When I have compiled a project I see the message window.
I can move up and down with the cursor in this message window so it definitely has the focus.
When I then use Ctrl+F4 I would expect the message window to be closed.
Instead, the current source file in the editor is closed!
IMO that's illogical. Ctrl+F4 should close the *current* window (in this case the message window).
When the editor has the focus, yes, then the current source file should be closed (as it does).

I found that Alt+F4 closes the message window.
But I think that Alt+F4 should close the whole application (the IDE).
At least on windows this behaviour is common.
When I open multiple files in an MDI application like Excel or Word or editors like TextPad
then Alt+F4 closes the program and Ctrl+F4 closes the current window/file only.

Shouldn't Lazarus behave the same?