[Lazarus] WinCE strings

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Tue Oct 30 09:32:35 CET 2012

Hi Folks.

I'm facing again a boring problem: a TLabel is dropped onto a TForm.
Then somewhere in the application the following snippet is executed:

MyForm.MyLabel.Caption := 'Hi Folks' +#13#10+ 'Are you there ?';
MyForm.ShowModal;
and what is displayed on the scrren in the label caption is:
Hi Folks■■Are you there ?
Where the two black squares are just white squares. It looks like the
CR+LF are made undisplayable chars or, at least, not interpreted as
carriage return, line feed.
Same if +#13#10+ is replaced by char(13)+char(10)
I guess there is something to do with UTF-8 because the same text
displayed using the well known MessageDlg looks good.