[Lazarus] fpc version 2.6.1 source code

Eric Kom erickom at metropolitancollege.co.za
Thu Oct 4 13:58:31 CEST 2012

On 04/10/2012 13:42, Bernd wrote:
> 2012/10/4 Eric Kom<erickom at metropolitancollege.co.za>:
>
>> Please am looking for the free pascal compiler version 2.6.1 for linux.
> 2.6.1 is ongoing development, so strictly speaking there is no
> definitive 2.6.1-version that will stay the same from now on, 2.6.1 is
> the branch that will once become stable 2.6.2 release. All versions
> from this branch currently carry the version number 2.6.1 but it will
> receive patches from time to time and the "2.6.1" from today will not
> be the same 2.6.1 from tomorrow.
Thanks again,

am a debian user, they is not lazarus 1.1 on debian, and the deb
packages provide on lazarus project doesn't provide the version 1.1 with
fpc above 2.6.0 so not support for mysql5.5 users

> But it still makes sense to use it, the way I recommend is to checkout
> the branch from svn:
>
> svn checkout http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_2_6 fpc
>
> and then svn up from time to time or every time you see new commits
> coming to this branch. This is what many people do, this way you will
> always have the most recent fixes for the stable 2.6.x line of
> versions, its not as adventurous as being on the bleeding edge of on
> trunk all the time, no bad surprises or huge changes are expected to
> happen here, I am using it myself too.
>
> There also exist complete downloads of snapshots, see this website for
> some links and some more information:
> http://www.freepascal.org/develop.var
>
> --

Kind Regards

Eric Kom

System Administrator - Metropolitan College
/ You are scrupulously honest, frank, and \
| straightforward. Therefore you have few |
\ friends.                                /
    \
     \
         .--.
        |o_o |
        |:_/ |
       //   \ \
      (| Kom | )

2 Hennie Van Till, White River, 1240
Tel: 013 750 2255 | Fax: 013 750 0105 | Cell: 078 879 1334
erickom at kom.za.net | erickom at metropolitancollege.co.za
www.kom.za.net | www.kom.za.org | www.erickom.co.za

Key fingerprint: 513E E91A C243 3020 8735 09BB 2DBC 5AD7 A9DA 1EF5