[Lazarus] Please define "delphi compatibility"

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 4 21:48:01 CEST 2012

On 04.10.2012 22:28, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Michael Schnell schrieb:
>> On 10/04/2012 04:55 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>>>
>>> It is portable, when messages are sent within a single program. Only
>>> inter-process communication is affected by the platform API.
>>
>> I don't believe the control elements will understand all the messages
>> that they understand in a Windows environment.
>
> How that? In a different environment the messages are generated by the
> widgetsets, as expected by the controls.

Delphi developers tend to use messages that the Windows control itself
understands, but are not necessarily handled by the VCL. So these
messages might also not necessarily be implemented by the LCL at all and
thus the corresponding messages will be sent for nothing on non-Win32
widgetsets.

Regards,
Sven