[Lazarus] Svn RSS feed (alternative to cia.vc)

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 5 09:37:40 CEST 2012

Am 05.10.2012 03:22, schrieb luiz americo pereira camara:

> 2012/10/4 Graeme Geldenhuys <graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
> <mailto:graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk>>
>
>     On 2012-10-05 00:16, luiz americo pereira camara wrote:
>      > My findings about the recommended feeds:
>
>     Good comparison. Now you need to ask yourself as well, what is the most
>     important information from commit logs. RSS feeds should tell you...
>     "hey, this is the changes that has occurred". In such a case, is the
>     revision number really import. The number doesn't actually tell you
>     anything about what has happening in the project.
>
>     My prioritized list of information I find important in a repository RSS
>     feed is as follows:
>
>        1) The title of the commit. A summary line of what that patch does.
>           This allows me to quickly see what I find interesting.
>

> Agree
>
> That's the main drawback of original svn feed, in my opinion.

This won't help you with any feed as long as the developers don't add
"summary lines" to the commit messages as otherwise only an abbreviation
of the commit message could be used as the title. Sometimes I'm already
adding lines like "fixes bug #1234" to the top, but otherwise I'm
already putting enough energy into the commit message itself so I don't
intend to add an additonal line if I don't see a need for it (and I
don't see RSS feeds as a reason).

Regards,
Sven