[Lazarus] make clean is leaving more than 20MB stuff behind (this number is after compression!)

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Oct 8 12:59:54 CEST 2012

Graeme Geldenhuys <graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk> hat am 8. Oktober 2012 um 12:16
geschrieben:
> On 2012-10-08 10:51, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> >
> > ppas.sh are deleted by fpc.
>
> I often have ppas.sh files in my source folders. So somewhere clean-up
> is not working 100%

Then you should create a bug report.

> > .a are not created.
>
> I often have these files lying around in my unit output directories too.

This thread is about Lazarus sources.

> I just checked, and just about every project I work on has *.a, *.o,
> *.ppu, *.compiled, *.lps, *.rst, the executables for various target
> platforms, unit/*/ unit output directories, and sometimes *.bak files.

.bak are created by the IDE as backups of sources. "make clean" should not
delete source files, nor backups.
.lps should not be be deleted by make clean.
.ppu, .o, .rst and .compiled should be deleted by "make clean".
.a are not created in Lazarus sources.

> All files and directories that are not part of the repository managed
> files. Then sometimes when I do deep debugging I have ASM output files too.
>
> My point is, a simple 'find ...' command will not clean out all
> non-repository files. You need something a bit more intelligent like
> 'git clean'.

We had this discussion already. "make clean" is *not* meant as revert and reset.
It must *not* delete everything.
I don't see how this helps Bernd.

Mattias