[Lazarus] Documentation for the packages shipped with Lazarus

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 10:45:54 CEST 2012

On 10/10/12 05:35, Kenneth Cochran wrote:
> I am trying to find information on the packages that are included by
> default with Lazarus (Win64). Many of their names aren't very
> descriptive and the majority of them don't include enough information
> in the "Package info" section of the Install/Uninstall Packages dialog
> to make an informed decision about whether to install them.
>
> None of the packages in the "Install" list display anything more than
> a file path and a (redundant) indication that they are installed. Can
> I assume that these all provide some necessary functionally for the
> IDE, which would otherwise be either crippled or of limited value
> without them?
Mattias listed the base (or core) packages for you. If you are using
Lazarus trunk, these currently have a red overlay in the bottom left of
their icon (in the Install/Uninstall packages dialog).
Packages included in the Lazarus distribution have a black L overlay in
the bottom right of their icon.

Eventually, core packages will have a red LAZ overlay instead while non
core Lazarus packages will have a black LAZ one.

Stephano