[Lazarus] Please define "delphi compatibility"

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sun Oct 14 12:49:04 CEST 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-11 at 11:55 +0200, Sven Barth wrote:
> Am 10.10.2012 18:42, schrieb Florian Klämpfl:
> > Am 10.10.2012 16:11, schrieb Bart:
> I would even go into the opposite direction and adjust Delphi's
> attribute syntax:

> to a more Pascal like:
>
> === hypothetical example ===
>
> type
>    TSomeClass = class
>      property SomeProperty {...} attributes [Some3rdAttribute('a', 'b')];
>    end attributes [SomeAttribute(1, 2, 3), SomeOtherAttribute];
>
> === hypothetical example ===

I don't know if you participated in the discussion about this feature
before I started the first implementation. But we discussed this then. I
decided not to do it, for the simple reason that I don't need it since
I'm doing this for an application that has to be compiled by both Delphi
and fpc. And as I was the one who implemented it, I had to decide.

But feel free to add this syntax to objfpc mode. This can be done on the
parser level only. And it's simpler then the 'Delphi' syntax as it does
not need to remember the attribute until it parses the next statement.
(Which is off course why the Delphi-class-attributes-syntax is not a
Pascal syntax at all)

> And if Joost isn't fast enough with his attributes branch I might do
> that indeed ;P

In fact that branch works completely, as far as I know. I have to add
some more tests, and maybe some checks here and there. But the
attributes do work.

Joost.