[Lazarus] Can you reproduce the following Access Violation ?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Oct 18 14:01:27 CEST 2012

ik <idokan at gmail.com> hat am 17. Oktober 2012 um 18:28 geschrieben:
> Hello,
>
> When I write something like so:

> type
> TForm1 = class(TForm);

This is *not* a forward defined class, this is a normal class. And therefore you
have two definitions of TForm1. This s valid Object Pascal, but the IDE always
uses the first.

> TSomeClass = class
> end;
>
> TForm1 = class(TForm)
> end;

> If I try to rename a component in design time (Other then the form
> itself), it will throw at me Access Violation.

I fixed the AV. But the missing "end" is not yet auto added. But maybe this is a
good thing, so users see that something went wrong.

> I'm using: Lazarus 1.1 r39114M FPC 2.6.0 x86_64-linux-gtk 2
>
> Can you reproduce the following issue (So I could report a bug), or am
> I missing something here ?

Mattias