[Lazarus] Cross-compiling -> MIPS

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Oct 22 10:20:57 CEST 2012

SkyDiablo wrote:
> hiho!
>
> i search a solution to build my "hello world" source from my windows x64
> system to a openWRT (linux) with a MIPS CPU system -> cross-compiling?
>
> i do not find a working solution :( now i'm trying to build with a
> debian system, but is dosnt work for now :(

First, this is the Lazarus conf and while FPC now works (subject to some
potential code generation issues) targeting little-endian MIPS it's
probably some while before Lazarus will. The issue here is that building
Lazarus requires the current stable version of FPC (2.6.0), while MIPS
is only available for trunk (2.7.1 from svn).

I suggest that this is better-discussed in the fpc-pascal mailing list,
but you'll find notes on building MIPS binutils etc. at
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Native_MIPS_Systems (these are
applicable to Linux). I suggest that you could usefully review the
thread at
http://lists.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-devel/2012-October/030071.html
which might be a better place to discuss things if you have problems
building the compiler.

Note that I'm a long way down the list as far as skill is concerned, and
make no claim to understand what I'm doing.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk