[Lazarus] lnet sockets

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Oct 24 17:08:47 CEST 2012

On 10/24/2012 04:42 PM, Antonio Fortuny wrote:
> . In my vision, the wait with timeout problem is simply moved into a
> thread. The application has still to wait on something to happe.
Right, but it does not use up any CPU time while waiting, because same
is done by the OS.

It is woken up immediately when the OS sees incoming data and so it will
react without any delay and through the event.

The main thread's event queue is build in a way that it will handle all
events in the order they appear and the main thread is woken up
immediately when any event is thrown, so no delay here, as well, unless
the man thread is busy with any other useful stuff.

-Michael