[Lazarus] Cross-compiling -> MIPS

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 09:32:19 CET 2012

Red herring alert :-)

SkyDiablo wrote:

[Built what he believed was a binary for mipsel, and on running it on
the target got]

> # cat /proc/version
> Linux version 2.6.32.27 (gcc version 4.3.3 (GCC) )
>

> # sh helloWorld4MIPS
> helloWorld4MIPS: line 1: syntax error: unexpected "("

I've just had something very similar on a different platform, and think
that message might be Bash getting seriously confused. I built a minimal
test program on Solaris SPARC V8 and moved it onto a V7 system. I get:

$ file product
product:        ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC32PLUS Version 1, V8+
Required, dynamically linked, stripped
$ ./product
./product: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected

I'll continue that in fpc-devel where there's alreasy a thread on -i,
-Cp etc.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk