[Lazarus] Indy & WinCE

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Wed Oct 31 10:42:02 CET 2012

Hi ALL.

I got rid of the compilation problems of Indy. I've made a little test
for WinCE and, good news, it works !
However some minor changes have to be made on a few units to have a
clean compilation for WinCE:

IdRegisterCore.pas,
IdIMAP4.pas,
idStackWindows.pas,
IdWinsock2.pas

Server: Vista32
Client; WinCE

Compiled on Vista32, Lazarus 1.1 37816 (29/06/2012)
indylaz.lpk compiled but not yet installed in the IDE

Server uses a TIdTCPServer and connetions are handled within separated
threads, one per new connection, as usual with Indy.

Client uses a TIdTCPClient, connection is handled synchronously.

Both client and server use the standard IoHandler Stream reader and
writer and any binary data runs thru the streams without problem. Of
course, I have to take care of string translations between Win32
(WIN1252 code page) and WinCE (Unicode) or whatever goes trhu
(specifically from databases).

In case you need some more explantions feel free to ask me.

Antonio