[Lazarus] Can't find unit Interfaces on launchpad's build farm - is Lazarus/FPC broken in Ubuntu 12.04?

Bernd prof7bit at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 15:44:39 CEST 2012

Ubuntu precise (12.04), simple empty lazarus hello world project,
This is the build log:
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/117046564/buildlog_ubuntu-precise-i386.laz-launchpad-example_1.0.2-ppa1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz

Around line 258 it begins installing necessary packages, I have
specified the following build dependencies:
lazarus, lcl-utils

At line 672 the build is started with
lazbuild --build-mode=Debug project1.lpi

producing some strange warnings:
invalid Package Link: file
"/usr/lib/lazarus/0.9.30.2/components/codetools/codetools.lpk" does
not exist.
invalid Package Link: file
"/usr/lib/lazarus/0.9.30.2/components/lazcontrols/lazcontrols.lpk"
does not exist.

and then around line 687 it will fail with:
Fatal: Can't find unit Interfaces used by project1

Am I missing something obvious or is it just broken in Ubuntu and I
simply won't ever be able to use launchpad to build packages? This
would be really bad :-(