[Lazarus] "Defeating" a screen saver

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 12:01:54 CEST 2012

I appreciate that there might be no guaranteed portable answer to this
one, and FWIW I'm primarily interested in the Linux+X+KDE combination.

If a program knows that something's going on that it might later need to
tell the user about, e.g. that there's serial comms going on in the
background even if the GUI's not being updated, is it possible to do
anything that the LCL and lower levels will interpret similarly to
keyboard and mouse activity in order to prevent a screen saver from
kicking in?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk