[Lazarus] Proprietary vs Open Source mentality

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 02:46:13 CEST 2012

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Craig Peterson
<craig at scootersoftware.com> wrote:
> I don't think it's an open source vs closed source mentality. It's quite possible that Uwe can't open source it; in the post you linked he even mentions that he used knowledge of the compiler internals to implement it.

After reading the discussion, I've got this impression too.
This still is "closed" mentality, but from Embarcadero, not this developer.

But that is their problems, not ours :) What may be important is that
he seems to have found a bug
in Lazarus: http://www.bitcommander.de/blog/index.php/2012/01/01/oi-rev/#comment-827
Unfortunately, after a couple of tries I still can't parse what he said.

--
Alexander S. Klenin