[Lazarus] File Managers compared

Kostas Michalopoulos badsectoracula at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 14:12:21 CEST 2012

> I have no idea how you get to that statement. I have used MC for years and
> it is rock solid and stable under Linux and FreeBSD. In terms of
> features.... do you even know of all the shortcuts in MC, and the ability to
> extend MC via the User Menu (F2 shortcut key)? My MC has lots and lots of
> features added via F2 menu.

Yes, i used Norton Commander for many years (basically until early
2000s) and i use Midnight Commander always in Linux. Compared to FAR
Manager, Midnight Commander is very limited in features. I'm not sure
it makes sense to go and list all the differences, you can just
download and install it in a Windows box and try it yourself. You'll
see how much more advanced FAR is.

Kostas