[Lazarus] Writing application that sends things into facebook

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Mon Sep 3 16:53:11 CEST 2012

> Start from here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/api/
> The authentication uses OAuth 2.0 which I'm not aware any
> implementation of. BigChimp and ludob created an OAuth 1.0a
> implementation in fpctwit, maybe you could take that as a
> base (though I'm not sure about the effort since I have no
> idea about the differences between 1.0a and 2.0).

I have also written an Oauth2 implementation for the Google API (implemented
most of the Google Calendar api). Oauth2 is designed to be easier than
Oauth1 and supported by many more companies that all wanted their own thing
in the standard. The result is a standard that is lacking portability and
every Oauth2 implementation is different and needs coding from almost
scratch. Very little in Oauth1 can be re-used in Oauth2. If interested I can
sent you the Oauth2 implementation for Google using Synapse for the HTTP
layer.

Ludo