[Lazarus] lazarus archive

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Sep 4 15:00:00 CEST 2012

On 04/09/2012 13:45, Paul Breneman wrote:
> I agree!
I am glad you do. But please remind me, what are you agreeing too? I was
unable to find out from your mail.

> Blind people also like top posting a lot!

I have heard that. And I (partly / see below) accept that. But:
1)
Would a single quoted line (such as the one I quoted here), *if* it was
read out by the screen reader, really be that bad?
Isn't that more about proper quoting? And top posting (in my experience)
is 99% done with quoting all. Which means you still have to listen to
the entire quote, since in addition to the top post there may be more reply.
2)
Should that not be fixed by the screen reader. Should the screen reader
not have an option to skip the quotes?
If my mobile only supports about 30 chars per line, do I  asked everyone
to shortens the lines, when they send? No! I expect my mobile to word
wrap or scroll.