[Lazarus] issues with Lazarus Qt

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Sep 4 19:56:25 CEST 2012

On 04/09/2012 17:43, ik wrote:
> I'ved recently tried to use Lazarus 1.1 with Qt version.
> While it looks native and really cool in my KDE, I had few issues with it:
> 1. Font rendering with TSynEdit - It had a lot of issues to display
> the end of a char at the end of a "word" that after it there was
> space, dot etc ...
> 2. The selecting of text in SynEdit, changes the length of the font.

1 and 2 are the same
And happen also on windows

seems like

function ExtUTF8Out(DC: HDC; X, Y: Integer; Options: Longint; Rect:
PRect; Str: PChar; Count: Longint; Dx: PInteger): Boolean;

Ignores the Values in Dx (an array of display widths for each char)

I debugged it, the array is passed in correctly.

> 4. The menus are flickering, and even changing the focus of other windows

Same on windows.

though I must add, my QT may not be the very latest. Yet if it compiles
with no error

> Before I'll start to report these as bugs, are these known issues ?

Search the bug tracker, then report