[Lazarus] Charset in TSdfDataSet

GLBX LBX at swing.be
Thu Sep 6 09:39:55 CEST 2012

Thanks !

I try and let know about

GLBX
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Roberto P.
  Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 9:22 AM
  Subject: Re: [Lazarus] Charset in TSdfDataSet

  Hi,

  I have recently dealt with a CSV file and accents.
  I concluded that the TSdfDataSet had no problem with reading the file; I was using a TMemo to show the strings and to see them correctly I had to write something like this:

     Memo.Lines.Text := UTF8Encode(SdfDataSet.Fields[0].AsString)

  I'm no expert at all, especially about string encoding, so maybe someone else could better explain what we should with the string format in the DataSet and in the LCL components, but that should make you work in the meantime.

    R#