[Lazarus] range check errors in LCL packages

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 17:02:40 CEST 2012

On 12/09/12 14:59, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> AFAIK many developers add range checking to the IDE build options so
> many lazarus packages, including the LCL, are tested with range
> checks.

Fine, but various widgetsets have many compiler errors if -CRrt is
enabled. Surely these must be fixed, and enabling -CRrt by default will
prevent such missages/bugs in future.

eg:  Try to compile LCL-GTK2 with -CRrt enabled.

/home/graemeg/devel/lazarus/lcl/interfaces/gtk2/gtk2wsbuttons.pp(237,35)
Error: Class or Object types "TCustomBitBtn" and "TWinControlAccess" are
not related

LCL-CustomDrawn compiles, but all apps give Segmentation Faults at runtime.

I haven't tested LCL-Win32 or LCL-Qt yet.

Regards,
   - Graeme -