[Lazarus] TProcess

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Thu Sep 13 12:35:08 CEST 2012

Le 13/09/2012 11:19, Bernd a écrit :
> 2012/9/13 Antonio Fortuny <a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu>:
>
>> CmdLine.Text := '/bin/sh -c ''ps -s | grep something'' '
>
> Now you additionally asume that:
> * there exists /bin/sh (recent linux distros begin to move all that
> into /usr/bin/)
> * there exists ps and grep in your path
Well, yes. To be more precise, the library into which I'm currently
working is always running into a classic Linux server like Ubuntu,
OpenSuse, Debian, etc.
No embbedded linux at all (and it is not a target for my programs and
libraries)
So yes, we assume that the programs are always facing a full Linux
server. BTW, we have the same approach where the Windows servers are
concerned.

In the above exmple ther is what it is; just an example. In the real
world we are working in a less trivial way.

Antonio.