[Lazarus] PascalScript on Linux x86_64

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Sep 13 17:09:41 CEST 2012

On 13/09/2012 15:04, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
> I'm trying to migrate an application from Delphi/Win32 to multiplatform
> using Lazarus/FPC. This app uses JvInterpreter from Jedi, and the only
> alternative I've found is PascalScript in the Lazarus's components
> directory.
This is currently just a copy of the git PascalScript version.  No
fixes, nothing tested.

Not sure when/if I will be able to do anything on it.

> While compiling PascalScript's samples on a Linux x86_64 machine, I got this:

> x64.inc(243,19) Warning: Use of -offset(%ebp) is not recommended for local variable access
> x64.inc(245,19) Warning: Use of -offset(%ebp) is not recommended for local variable access
> x64.inc(248,19) Warning: Use of -offset(%ebp) is not recommended for local variable access
> x64.inc(249,17) Warning: No size specified and unable to determine the size of the operands, using DWORD as default
> x64.inc(144,12) Error: Asm: [push mem32] invalid combination of opcode and operands
>
> Any workaround? or alternative?.

As for the compiler error, some fix was discussed on the fpc mail list
(and also submitted to the maintainer of PascalScript. As for if it will
work, once it compiles....