[Lazarus] Process ID

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Sep 13 18:14:12 CEST 2012

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 13/09/12 16:48, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:>> Okay.> Didn't know that.
> Everything in Linux can be access via "what looks like a file system".
> eg: com ports, printer ports, usb, sound card etc.

Not quite: network (e.g. Ethernet) interfaces and SCSI/USB devices that
don't fit a known class have their own namespaces, and despite being
shown by e.g. lsof sockets don't have names at all (but information
about them might be exposed in /proc). I think that Plan-9 tries to
associate absolutely everything with a name, and working from memory the
same /might/ apply to curiosities like Helios.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk