[Lazarus] Debugging shared libraries

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Sep 19 13:33:40 CEST 2012

On 19/09/2012 09:39, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>>
>> However, yesterday's discussion about calling /from/ a
>> dynamically-loaded library /into/ a program binary (other than the
>> main program) raises an interesting question: can Lazarus+gdb be
>> persuaded to trace into a shared library?
>
> Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Martin?

I havent tested it my self, but I recall someone saying they had done
it. IIRC by using a starter app, via run  params.

apparently (on win it requires at least gdb 7.2 or 7.3 (not sure). GDB
can set the breakpoints before the lib is loaded, and gdb does then set
them on load.  (NOT sure if you can use "openlibrary").

It's on a long list of things that I want to test.