[Lazarus] Transparent Custom Drawn Controls

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Thu Sep 20 15:55:19 CEST 2012

20.09.12, 21:38, Krzysztof wrote:

> Hmm. So maybe can I somehow copy fragment of canvas from parent?

Once I needed this too but failed on win32 without layered window style.
On other widgetsets this may also be a problem - I remember some of them
draw from parent to child and some from child to parent using clipping.

Maybe it is possible to add an option to make TCustomControl transparent
with implementation in all backends (by some window flags on win32 or by
applying some properties on qt, gtk2) but I don't know whether it is
possible everywhere and I'm not going to work on it at the near future.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin