[Lazarus] Lazarus and Ubuntu 12.10

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 15:07:11 CEST 2012

On 09/25/2012 07:42 AM, Alexsander Rosa wrote:
> 12.10 is beta, right?

Ubuntu is a consistent work in progress.   After every major release
they take the code base and extend it with certain goals.  There are 2
major releases a year each with goals to meet.

The time between releases has daily (sometimes twice a day) builds with
changes.  We test the changes and submit problems we have.

There are no betas in the conventional sense.   Just rolling builds.

12.10 is going to be released in a number of weeks.  So if there is an
issue with API from GTK3 not playing with GTK2 nice someone (from
lazarus) should file a report so when 12.10 comes out - Lazarus 1.1 will
compile and work as Lazarus users need.

 From a business standpoint, imo, Lazarus is the best thing for Linux,
so targeting the best distro for maximum quality is very wise.  It is
acceptable if some distros don't work well - but it is imperative that
the top distros are supported with quality.

// optional reading as it maybe offensive to some :-)

Ubuntu is the high-end linux distro - as it compares to OSX and Windows
7.  Meaning graphics, video performance, and bloat-ware installed.  If
comparing linux distros via a minimalist "lens" the evaluation result
may be different.  But for industry comparisons - bloated desktops - it
is superior.