[Lazarus] Cannot load libpq.so

Leonardo M. Ramé l.rame at griensu.com
Tue Sep 25 20:32:11 CEST 2012

On 2012-09-25 20:28:28 +0200, Bernd wrote:
> 2012/9/25 Leonardo M. Ramé <l.rame at griensu.com>:
> > Hi, I've installed PostgreSql from sources on a Linux machine, it's
> > installed on /usr/local/pgsql. It's libraries are in
> > /usr/local/pgsql/lib, and I updated my /etc/ld.so.conf to look there,
> > but still, when I run a simple testing app written with lazarus I'm
> > getting this:
>
> did you run
>
> sudo ldconfig
>
> after changing /etc/ld.so.conf or installing new libs to update the cache?

Yes. One thing that raised my attention was I had to run it as root,
then logged-out from my account, logged-in again but the error is still
there.

One more thing, I've tried "ldd myapp" and it doesn't looks for
libpq.so, I seems to be dynamically loading the shared object.

--
Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com