[Lazarus] Cannot load libpq.so

Bernd prof7bit at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 21:05:26 CEST 2012

2012/9/25 Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk>:

> As I understand it, there's an optional parameter on the library
> initialisation call to specify the exact library name, and there was recent
> discussion about how best to expose this to programmers via the LCL.

Libraries should simply be loaded by their soname and not by the name
of the symlink (which exists only when the dev package of the lib is
installed), the symlink only exists as a hint for ld at link time so
it can follow it and find the real soname to link the binary against.
The soname is the canonical name of the library and is guaranteed to
exist.