[Lazarus] Error: Can not load PostgreSQL Client library"libpq.dll".

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 17:31:59 CEST 2012

On 29-9-2012 17:17, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> zeljko wrote:
>> On Saturday 29 of September 2012 11:14:58 Ludo Brands wrote:
>>
>>> LPK.DLL    Language Pack    Microsoft Corporation    5.01.2600.2180
>>> MSVCR90.dll    Microsoft® C Runtime Library    Microsoft Corporation
>>> 9.00.30729.5570
>>> msvcrt.dll    Windows NT CRT DLL    Microsoft Corporation
>>> 7.00.2600.2180
>>
>> I've also found that on some win32 machines libpq.dll cannot be
>> loaded, and found that it's because of deps on visual c++ msvcrXXX.
>> dll's , so I've found somewhere mingw compiled libpq.dll and it works
>> fine.It's builded by  postgresdac guys.
>> http://www.microolap.com/downloads/postgresdac/deploy/deploy_mingw.zip
>
> Historically, I've used ODBC on Win-32 and sometimes on unix. The
> libpq.dll the comes with the ODBC drivers looks as though it's been
> compiled with gcc running natively, and there are minimal dependencies.
> So it's definitely worth "shopping around", /particularly/ if the
> alternative is to use MS runtimes in a VM on top of Linux.

I may be missing something here, but what does the fact that Windows may
be running in a VM have to do with which compiler/runtime is used?
If anything, the Microsoft runtime is more likely to be installed on
Windows in any case...

If you're talking about running Windows Lazarus programs that use
libpq.dll etc under Wine, that could be a different story...

Anyway, the OP is awfully quiet. I wonder whether his problem has been
solved or if he just decided to go out and braai...

Regards,
Reinier