[Lazarus] How to proceed in a case like this?

"ArĂ­ Ricardo Ody" aro52 at gmx.com
Sun Apr 7 18:05:20 CEST 2013

I develop, 2 years ago, a program to run in windows mobile(WinCE Lazarus version) and it is ok in Lazarus 0.9.30.

When I try to migrate this WinCE program to Lazarus 1.0.6 I discovered that the resize of the screen after calls to dialogs like MessagDlg is in trouble. Talking with some people about this, I discovered that sometime someone(names are not important) made a wrong code alteration in the routine that do the screen resize. During the tests this person didn't use full screen and didn't detect the error. It seems that it is an error of the complex solution and I have no expertise to try correct it.

Based on this I don't know what do I do, since Lazarus is a free tool. The bug was still was reported.

Do someone of you have a suggestion? Honestly I don't know how to proceed. I can migrate the programs that run on ms-windows to 1.0.8 and later versions, but the WinCE version will remain in a out of date version.

Greetings from Sao Paulo - Brazil

Ricardo