[Lazarus] Debugging Lazarus in Lazarus - debugger error

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Apr 3 15:39:27 CEST 2013

Have you tried to set breakpoints and start the debugger with F9? That
should work.

F7 and F8 will work once you  reached a breakpoint.

Using F7 and &8 before to start the debugger (when the app is not yet
running) is currently not working correctly (unless you use the
workaround from the link).

Also to be sure, you enabled to compile with debug info?
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Debugger_Setup#Project_Options