[Lazarus] Hints for Android

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 12 10:18:53 CEST 2013

Am 12.04.2013 09:31, schrieb Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho:
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> To solve 2) basically a rewrite of the Android CustomDrawn Widgetset will be
>> necessary...
> You can start your own widgetset in another directory if you don't
> like CustomDrawn, but in my oppinion my design is 100% correct, so no,
> nothing to be rewritten here.

It's not CustomDrawn itself that is my problem, but the way you
interface with Android. Currently every form is mapped to one single
Activity and this is just not the Android way. Every form should have
it's own Activity and the global state should be mapped through an
extension of the android.app.Application class. Also you didn't seem to
notice that the only fixed exports that are really necessary are
JNI_onload and JNI_onunload. The other ones can be inserted using JNI
which you already provide a possiblity for but you've added the comment
"apparently not needed" there and didn't complete that. Of course, if
you manually export all functions you don't need that, but if you use
this dynamic JNI approach you reduce the amount of functions that the
user needs to export to just two basic functions.

Regards,
Sven