[Lazarus] Compile project release with LCL custom optimization

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Apr 13 21:17:37 CEST 2013

Hm, yes, sorry $(ProjectOpts)  may not work. Not sure where I picked it
up, but I had it as a left over.

If you want to push changed project options, down into the used
packages, then that is going to be tricky. (Dependencies normally do not
go that way)

IIRC ( I do no longer have my example, but I did have it working once)
You can define "IDE Macro" or values, in the project (they should be
able to depend on build mode)

In the package, under IDE macros, you add (in the lower field "conditionals"

     if defined(MACRONAME) then
        CustomOptions := ' -O-1 ';

There is a wiki page about that too (sorry havent got the link). It is a
big page, and a lot to read.