[Lazarus] Runtime package (manual compilation only) forced to re-compile by a design time dependant package?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Apr 14 09:08:14 CEST 2013

On Sun, 14 Apr 2013 09:44:08 +0300
patspiper <patspiper at gmail.com> wrote:

>[...]
> 1- So sharing Other Units (-Fu) path causes units to recompile. Is there
> any other cause that can trigger an unnecessary recompilation?

Yes, a bug in the compiler and if the unit does not use a given
flag.

> 2- On the other hand, What Needs Building/Lazarus IDE shows that the IDE
> does not need rebuilding (I changed the IDE build profile):
> Target: Lazarus IDE
> No build needed.   <------- ?????
> File: ../lazarus-svn/

The IDE is a special case, because it is only built manually. So I
didn't implement the test. That's why it is called "IDE internals".
It's not for user friendliness.

> despite that the FCL needs it:
> Target: FCL 1.0.1
> Clean build needed.  <------- ??????
> File: /home/me/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/packager/registration/fcl.lpk
> Note: Compiler parameters changed:
>    Old=""
>    Now=""
>    State
> file="/home/me/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/packager/units/i386-linux/FCL.compiled"
>
> 3- As shown above, FCL's Old and New compiler parameters are empty
> despite the change in the IDE profile. Should that be the case?

No. What is difference between those two build profiles?

Mattias