[Lazarus] Compile project release with LCL custom optimization

Zaher Dirkey parmaja at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 19:41:34 CEST 2013

Our problem here
I like to define a Many named Build profiles(Modes), for example, i want to
build my project with special defines to make project for "Pascal" or "PHP"
or "ALL"
and for WINCE Wegetset etc. many of them.
But we need debugging it when compile it in IDE, not the project only also
many components have it in other packages.
And we need to release it without debug info that mean need another
Dimension for Build Modes/Profiles, at least DEBUG and RELEASE for all
Build Modes/Profiles
Also Lazarus and its Components must have 2 of dir one for Debug other for
Release depend what we choose of current mode, that prevent from rebuild
all of packages every time changing from DEBUG to Release and vise versa.

(Oh My English)

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk>wrote:

> On 15/04/13 12:22, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> >
> > Maybe you have some ideas how to put that into a grid that is easy to
> > understand?
>
> I'll take another look at the Build Mode settings is Lazarus and report
> ideas I come up with.
>
> The current Build Mode settings is Lazarus IDE is very confusing though
> - even though there was good intentions not to make it confusing. eg: I
> could type in the name of a non-existing marco (grid in Build Modes
> screen), and give it a value. But because that marco wasn't defined in
> another area of the Project Settings (Build macros screen), it didn't
> work. So why didn't Lazarus IDE report the problem, or why was I allowed
> to type in a non-existing macro name, or why didn't it automatically
> define that macro.
>

> Regards,
>   - Graeme -
>

> --

I am using last revision of Lazarus, FPC 2.6 on Windows XP SP3

Best Regards
Zaher Dirkey