[Lazarus] Runtime package (manual compilation only) forced to re-compile by a design time dependant package?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Apr 16 09:57:22 CEST 2013

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 09:22:42 +0300
patspiper <patspiper at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16/04/13 01:03, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > On Sun, 14 Apr 2013 10:23:26 +0300
> > patspiper <patspiper at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Fixed.
>
> Thanks!
>
> On the other hand, rebuilding the IDE seems to compile most if not all
> installed packages:

Yes. If a required package was recompiled then all dependent packages
need to be recompiled too.

> - Change the IDE build option (debug to optimized or vice-versa) and
> save the settings (do not build!)
>
> - What Needs Building shows mainly: FCL, LCL, LCLBase, CodeTools, Cody,
> SynEdit, LazUtils, LazControls, lhelpcontrolpkg, IDEIntf, and SynEditDsgn.

Yes, because the above are directly effected by your changes.
The purpose of this dialog is to find the cause of unneeded
compilations. So I have not implemented the indirect tests. It's an
IDE internal.

> - Build the IDE.
>
> - Instead, many packages get compiled, such as: cairocanvas_pkg,
> ImagesForLazarus, lhelpcontrolpkg,  Printer4Lazarus, ChmHelpPkg,
> customdrawn, ExternHelp, fpcunitide, lazreport, lazthread,
> printers4lazide, RunTimeTypeInfoControls, etc...

These packages need recompilation because one of the above
packages was recompiled.

Mattias