[Lazarus] Runtime package (manual compilation only) forced to re-compile by a design time dependant package?

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 13:09:28 CEST 2013

On 16/04/13 18:25, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:38:05 +0300
> patspiper <patspiper at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>> Yes, because the above are directly effected by your changes.
>>> The purpose of this dialog is to find the cause of unneeded
>>> compilations. So I have not implemented the indirect tests. It's an
>>> IDE internal.
>> Any chance of it appearing on your todo list? :)
>> It could help diagnosing package issues.
It is always good to know the exact reason why a package (or a
unit/units belonging to a package) was or was not compiled. This relates
mostly to user packages sharing the same folder thus forcing unnecessary
units recompilation, include files not listed explicitly in packages and
thus not causing automatic recompilation, etc...

Stephano