[Lazarus] Fedora 18: problems with package conflicts

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 16:01:59 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2.
> sudo does not accept my root password, but yet I can login as root,
> and can use su to become root. "apper" also at times does not accept
> my root paswoord. Only way out is to reboot (the common Windows
> solution...)
> (Maybe my sudo syntax is wrong, but I tried "sudo ./install"  on the
> fpc install shellscript)

At least this part is as expected. sudo is done for users, so you
should use your user password, not the root password. Also, sudo is
not commonly used at all in red hat/fedora/mageia/etc. You should use
"su" on those.

You can set sudo up, however, by editing the file /etc/sudoers

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho