[Lazarus] Fedora 18: problems with package conflicts

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 23:03:47 CEST 2013

On 4/17/13, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> I just installed Fedora Core 18 64bit in a VM.
> yum is installed, but failed with an error messages.
> I opened 'Software', checked for new software,
> installed 'gtk2-devel' and 'fpc'. They already have fpc 2.6.2. Nice.

Done that, but using apper.

> I tried installing 'subversion' and 'gcc', but both failed
> silently without any message.

They both failed with the initial errormessage in my first post (the
one about audit)

> They are not really needed but useful for
> development. It looked as if they were installed, but were still
> pending. A reboot did not help. Same effect. Not so nice.
> Now magically yum works. Nice.

yum check only said "check all" after a few minutes of silence.

> su: yum update

Will do that next.
Fedora says I have 700 MB of updates pending (which sucks on a 1,5 MBit/s line).

ATM glad it is not my "production" OS.

Bart