[Lazarus] Sharing of large files

Kostas Michalopoulos badsectoracula at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 17:11:01 CEST 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Andrew Brunner <atbrunner at aurawin.com>wrote:

> I'm going to have to stop at this singular point.  Aurawin web apps are
> instantly accessible globally and scaleable.

Yeah, but the majority of people use their apps in one or two computers
(home and work) so it doesn't matter. But even if they wanted more...

>  No fuss.  No desktop even today can do that.

...they could simply use a USB key to carry around their apps. Desktop apps
today tend to be more portable (in the "you carry it around in your USB
key" sense) than they used to.

Or more likely, they could simply install the app in both computers.

>  Nothing to install, nothing to remove, and no risk to you.  Complete
> opposite of desktop software installs.

If the user wants to use an application he will download it and install it.
Users who want to use applications go out of their way to make them run if
these applications have any value to them (people are building *emulators*
to be able to do that!).

If there is no value in the application, then, sure, you must remove any
possible friction. But at that point you should keep in mind that you are
making something the users do not find worth even downloading.