[Lazarus] FPC 2.6.2 + Thread.Queue?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Apr 24 11:38:30 CEST 2013

On 04/24/2013 11:30 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Because it resides in the LCL and is inherently bound to a GUI.
> (horrible nogui widgetset tricks notwithstanding)

I definitely do not understand why QueuAsnycCall() uses another paradigm
than TThread.Queue() that is supposed to provide exactly the same action.

I gather that this is due to historical reasons and do hope that this
might be improved some day. E.g. by extracting the basics of the
support for thread-to-main thread signaling in a Widget-Type independent
unit (supposedly using WidgetType depending include files) from the
WidgetType specific units and thus opening a more easy way to provide
this service in new Widget-Types.

-Michael