[Lazarus] FPC 2.6.2 + Thread.Queue?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Apr 24 15:13:22 CEST 2013

On 04/24/2013 11:52 AM, Sven Barth wrote:

> QueueAsyncCall can't do anything different, because it needs to go
> through either TThread.Queue or TThread.Synchronize as the queue's
> implementation is not directly accessible from the outside and I don't
> intend to change this.

It can't be true that it goes through TThread.Synchronize (if not using
a hidden parameter as done in Delphi), as this would trash the
functionality.

It does not seem to go  through TThread.Queue as (1) in Lazarus/FPC it
is older than TThread.Queue and (2) in this Forum thread it has been
claimed that QueueAsyncCall does not work by means of checksynchronize,
while TThread.Queue does-.

-Michael