[Lazarus] How to create a listbox that can be shifted

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Thu Apr 25 07:10:58 CEST 2013

Am 2013-04-24 20:25, schrieb Jesus Reyes:

>> Still I am wondering why nobody seems to miss a horizontal
>> shift for TListBox and TStringGrid (especially because a
>> slider is shown for TStringGrid but does not work). Are
>> these bugs which nobody discovered since years? I can't
>> believe it.
>>
> Do you know if is there a bug report about it?, if not, please feel free to submit one (I'm talking about the TStringGrid).

As others told me these are all limitations of the underlying widgetset (in this case Win32 GUI) so it cannot be fixed within Lazarus.

TMemo solves my problem for now (thanks again to Howard for the tip).
And another tip was TScrollBox which I did not test yet but will try together with TStringGrid if I need more than one column of text.