[Lazarus] Lazarus CCR repository URL's have changed

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 09:39:00 CEST 2013

2013/4/30 Graeme Geldenhuys <graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk>

> Hi,
>
> SourcForge has upgraded its whole web and management system, and due to
> that all projects had to upgrade to the new system.
>
> Nobody seems to have upgraded Lazarus-CCR since this was announced, so
> SourceForge deadline was reached, and they started forcefully upgrading
> outstanding projects.

Well, that is one view of this history.

Another view:
Last october I upgraded Lazarus-CCR to the new system. It turned out that
the old SVN repo was still writable and people committed to it. So I
reverted the upgrade. (But the new SVN repo still existed).

End of January, SF changed their scripts, so that after migration, the old
SVN repo is read-only and a redirection message is shown, when you try to
commit to it.

Two weeks ago I migrated Lazarus (which has a mirror of
svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus) to the new system. SVN migration failed,
but was fixed after contact with SF staff.

Because if these experiences, I wanted to choose the time of migration
carefully, so I have time to oversee the process.

But in the mean time, SF staff ran a script to make all migrated SVN
repositories read-only. These are the repos that were migrated before last
January. Because of a glitch in the script (I don't know the exact
details), it considered Lazarus-CCR as migrated, maybe because there was a
new (unused, out of date) SVN repo.

The easiest way out was to start the migration of Lazarus-CCR at that time,
when SF staff was on line. That is what I did at 9:26 PM (Amsterdam time).
SVN migration failed, I notified SF staff and the SVN import was started
manually by SF staff. It was completed at 10:09 PM, I notified the svn
committers who reported problems, and went to bed.

So, they only thing that was forced, was the mistake to set the old repo on
read-only.

Vincent